The mental health treatment teams at our Sovereign Health of Fort Myers and Sovereign Health of Pompano Beach facilities are multidisciplinary groups of medical and nonmedical professionals. Their expertise lies in managing treatment mental health issues, substance abuse, trauma, pain management, eating disorders, dual diagnosis and cognitive deficits.
The mental health treatment teams vary slightly according to individual patient needs, level of care and facility, but our expert teams typically include many or all of the following:
Mental Health Treatment Teams
- Medical doctors: Board-certified physicians complete a thorough history, physical examination and any tests necessary to determine a patient’s physical condition.
- Psychiatrists: Psychiatrists specialize in mental health medicine and evaluate our patients from a psychiatric perspective. They are also available for crisis intervention when necessary.
- Licensed nurses: Our licensed nurses communicate directly with our physicians. They also obtain laboratory samples, insert intravenous catheters and infusions, and administer prescribed medications.
- Psychologists: Our licensed psychologists work one-on-one with patients to ensure accurate diagnosis of all conditions, including underlying and co-occurring disorders. Our psychologists help guide our treatment team in meeting each individual patient’s goals and needs.
- Psychotherapists: Therapists facilitate talk therapy with patients, groups and families. Many have specialty areas of expertise. Patients are matched up with therapists who can best address their specific condition and circumstances.
- Counselors: Mental health counselors assist patients in understanding the nature of mental illness and how to live with these conditions successfully.
- Case managers: Case managers facilitate communication between team members and our patients, and ensure the quality and continuity of care in our treatment programs.
- Patient advocates: Patient advocates function as a liaison between patients and their families as well as members of the treatment team. Our patient advocates also help communicate patients’ wishes and needs and handles their critical issues so that they can focus on getting well.
- Registered dieticians: Dieticians assess each of our patients’ histories, current conditions, medications, food preferences, lifestyle habits and other factors to assist them with food choices that will improve their nutritional status, health, wellbeing and quality of life. Our dieticians also consult with our personal chef at the Fort Myers facility to ensure that each patient has meals that meet his or her dietary requirements and preferences.
- House managers: House managers provide supervision to patients while they are in residential housing, coordinate transportation, individual treatments schedules, meals and communicate directly with treatment team members.
- Ancillary staff: Our ancillary staff provides many different types of supportive services to our patients and their families. We have equine therapists, art and music therapists, physical therapists, acupuncturists, neurofeedback specialists, and many other important members of our treatment teams.
Sovereign Health of Florida provides treatment and services for mental health illness and disorders in our safe, supervised residential facilities. We provide individualized, clinically driven and evidence-based treatments for all our patients. We use cutting-edge technology and high-quality treatment methods to provide each of our patients with the tools they need to learn how to live with a mental health disorder and regain control of their health and lives.
If you or a loved one is struggling with mental health issues, help and treatment is available. Sovereign Health of Florida accepts most private insurance plans and provide insurance verification. Sovereign Health also accepts private payments from individuals with no insurance, as well as provides financial options for patients who cannot afford treatment. Our admission team can help determine how much coverage a patient’s health care plan provides and guide patients through any other financial aspects of the admissions process.
For more information about our mental health services or any of our specialized programs, please call our 24/7 helpline.