The detox treatment team at our Sovereign Health of Fort Myers facility is a multidisciplinary groups of medical and nonmedical professionals. Their expertise lies in managing treatment for substance use, mental health issues, trauma, pain management, dual diagnosis and cognitive deficits.
The detox treatment team varies slightly according to individual patient needs, level of care and facility, but our expert teams typically include many or all of the following:
Detox treatment teams
- Medical doctors: Our board-certified physicians complete a thorough history, physical examination and any tests necessary to determine a patient’s physical condition. Appropriate medications and monitoring directions are prescribed in collaboration with our psychiatrists.
- Psychiatrists: Psychiatrists specialize in addiction medicine and evaluate our patients from a psychiatric perspective. They are also available for crisis intervention when necessary.
- Licensed nurses: Nurses monitor our patients’ vital signs and withdrawal symptoms throughout the detox process. They also obtain laboratory samples, administer prescribed medications and communicate directly with our physicians.
- Psychologists: Psychologists work one-on-one with patients to ensure accurate diagnosis of all conditions, including underlying and co-occurring disorders. Our psychologists play an important role in helping guide our treatment team in meeting each individual patient’s goals and needs.
- Psychotherapists: Our therapists facilitate talk therapy with patients, groups and families. Many have specialty areas of expertise. Patients are matched up with therapists who can best address their specific condition and circumstances.
- Counselors: Our substance abuse counselors assist patients in understanding the nature of addiction and how to live drug-free successfully.
- Case managers: Case managers facilitate communication between team members and our patients, and ensure the quality and continuity of care in our treatment programs.
- Patient advocates: Patient advocates function as a liaison between patients and their families as well as members of the treatment team. They also help communicate patients’ wishes and needs and handles their critical issues so that they can focus on getting well.
- Registered dieticians: Dieticians assess each of our patients’ histories, current conditions, medications, food preferences, lifestyle habits and other factors to assist them with food choices that will improve their nutritional status, health, well-being and quality of life. Our dieticians also consult with our personal chef in the Fort Myers facility to ensure that each patient has meals that meet his or her dietary requirements and preferences.
- House managers: House managers provide supervision to patients while they are in residential housing. They also coordinate transportation, individual treatments schedules, meals, and communicate directly with treatment team members.
- Ancillary staff: Our ancillary staff members provide many different types of supportive services to our patients and their families. We have equine therapists, art and music therapists, physical therapists, acupuncturists, neurofeedback specialists, and many other important members of our treatment teams.
Sovereign Health of Florida provides medically supervised detox treatment in safe, supervised residential facilities. Our staff understands how difficult detox can be and does everything possible to make it a comfortable experience for each person. We provide innovative, gender-specific behavioral health treatment to a broad range of patients and their families. Our individualized care begins with intensive diagnostic assessments and includes treatment for cognitive deficits and a recovery management program following discharge.
If you or a loved one is struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, help is available. For more information about our detox programs, mental health services or any of our specialized programs, please call our 24/7 helpline.