Sovereign Health of Fort Myers offers residential treatment for patients who need to receive treatment and recover from mental health disorders, substance abuse or addiction or dual diagnosis.
When staying at our facility, we strive to make it our patients’ “home away from home.” While in our residential treatment, patients have access to many indoor and outdoor activities, so pack accordingly.
To ensure a safe, therapeutic and focused atmosphere, there are a number of items restricted from our Fort Myers facility. Before you start packing, please make sure to review the following information so that you know what to bring and what to leave behind.
Residential treatment typically lasts up to 30 days. Sovereign Health’s treatment residences have on-site washers and dryers and laundry supplies free of charge. Patients should pack clothes for seven to 10 days.
- One suitcase
- A small bag or purse
- Bath soap, shampoo/conditioner, razor, deodorant, toothbrush/toothpaste and feminine hygiene products
- Several pairs of socks and underwear
- Comfortable clothing suitable for indoor and outdoor activities
- Jacket, sweatshirt or sweater
- Sleepwear and slippers (slippers are not permitted in clinical offices)
- Driver’s license, social security card or other identification
- Long pants for equine therapy
Do Not Bring
- Clothes with alcohol, drug or tobacco insignia
- Over-the-counter medication (unless approved)
- Alcohol or drug paraphernalia
- Any item containing any type of alcohol
- Any device with external speakers
- Cell phone (patients have access after seven days)
- Portable music player (iPod, MP3) with earbuds/headphones
- Watch or alarm clock
- Stationery and stamps
- Reading materials
- Swimsuit and towel
- Favorite pillow