Sovereign Health Group Blog

A surprising way to help others: Volunteer at a senior center
Posted in Treatment - 0 Comments

You’re getting older. Right now. Yes, even you. Age is a great leveler, maybe the great leveler. Rich or poor, king or commoner, everyone gets older. We know what age brings, by and large. We slow down, sometimes in more ways than one. Our bodies get weaker and more susceptible to disease and damage. Old […]


How to recognize and end an addiction or relapse early
Posted in Addiction Treatment, Drug Abuse - 0 Comments

The latest findings from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) have detailed that behaviors and symptoms that signal the development of a behavioral disorder like drug or alcohol addiction typically manifest two to four years before a disorder is present. With this in mind, recognizing a substance use issue early is increasingly […]


4 ways to help homeless veterans
Posted in Addiction, Health and Wellness, Mental Health - 0 Comments

An overwhelming number of veterans are homeless. During a single night in January 2013, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development recorded an overwhelming 57,849 homeless veterans. Only 60 percent of these men and women were living in shelters or transitional housing programs — the other 40 percent were out on the streets. Why […]


Coping with a long-distance Christmas
Posted in Anxiety - 0 Comments

The sheer size of the United States means that as family members marry, attend college, move to accommodate a new job or become military members, they are separated, sometimes at great distances, which is particularly apparent as holidays approach. Some people like to compose holiday newsletters, summarizing the highlights of the year and put one […]


Learning to relax without Xanax
Posted in Addiction, Drug Abuse, Stress - 0 Comments

Xanax (alprazolam) is a medication in the benzodiazepine class of drugs, prescribed for anxiety and panic attacks. It is the single most prescribed psychiatric medication in the United States and is a federally controlled substance due to the potential for abuse. It is abused often due to its quick action and calming effect. The most […]


Mass shootings and survival guilt
Posted in PTSD, Stress - 0 Comments

Mass shootings, resulting in the death or injury of multiple victims due to firearms, are reported in the news almost every day. The Gun Violence Archive (GVA) verified a total of 317 mass shooting incidents this year alone. Earlier this month, the Los Angeles Times reported a mass shooting at the Inland Regional Center in […]


Keeping the mentally ill out of Florida jails
Posted in Mental Health - 0 Comments

When people with a mental illness who may have a delusional or psychotic condition are confronted by police, they very often end up in jail. In Miami-Dade County, Florida, police respond to 10,000 mental health related calls annually. Steve Leifman has been instrumental in reducing the number of calls that result in jail. Leifman is […]


How to manage pain with a history of addiction
Posted in Addiction, Drug Abuse, Health and Wellness - 0 Comments

Pain is a natural part of life. Every adult — and every child — knows the feeling of a paper cut, a stubbed toe or a scraped knee. Unfortunately, most people will also experience more severe pain at some point in their lives, whether that pain is associated with surgical procedures, medical conditions or physical […]


The gift of peace of mind – Mental health benefits of time management
Posted in Mental Health, Stress - 0 Comments

TV ads for Christmas items sneak into the public’s consciousness in early November, and once Thanksgiving has passed, the barrage of Christmas selling begins in earnest. Stores are decorated and Christmas music plays to hopefully put all in a festive mood. There are parties to plan, gifts to buy, functions to attend and decisions to […]


All work and no play makes Jack and Jill ill
Posted in Health and Wellness, Stress - 0 Comments

The U.S. Department of Labor, per the Fair Labor Standards Act does not require paid vacation time for American workers. It is up to each employer to decide whether paid vacation time will be given. Even when it is provided, many Americans are reluctant to take time off for fear of professional consequences. Other countries […]


We accept Most Private Insurance, reach out to us to so we can help!

Sovereign Health Group is a leading addiction, dual diagnosis and mental health treatment provider. Call our admissions team 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get the help you deserve.

The dual diagnosis program was what attracted me to Sovereign Health. My therapist was always open for discussion and the group sessions were very informative and educational.

Call Now Button